Monday, January 18, 2016

Nemophilosophy

Nemophilosophy
Thoughts and ideas from a "forest nut"



Why or why not to read this blog is not a question for me to answer. I simply write. This blog is not only a vessel for me to store my adventures, it is also where I store my meandering thoughts as I hike along the trail of "Life", breathing in the scenery and dodging the obstacles as I go.

A wildlife biologist by trade, I am a nemophilist by creation. As you can imagine the two are not independent variables. My passion chose my career. In doing so, it also chose my hobbies, my acquaintances, and in large-part my adventures.

Having so much invested in the outdoors, much to the chagrin of some and to the elation of others, I find myself wanting to commit the cardinal sin of a true outdoorsman... I want to leave a mark on this world. Not the ugly scar left behind by some exploitive commercial venture but rather a blaze showing the way to those that follow. For the function of a blaze is to show the path that I have chosen and to encourage others to follow along that the same path.

I don't know how. I don't even know if I bear the tools capable of making said mark. I only know that we need help, "we" being the forests and all the creatures within. Though there are many that see value in all things wild, there are far too many that do not. And that is the change needed in this world.

If I offend some, it is not my intention though I make no apologies. I simply write to inspire.

I have no regrets only hopes.

1 comment:

  1. It's not often I learn a new word. Wander. Remind the world at large that there is a large world full of whispering wonder and grace, if only one takes a brief moment to stop and listen.

    ReplyDelete