Friday, March 18, 2016

LIFE Trucks


Got smacked by Mack's little brother a few weeks ago.

Just as I go spoutin' off about how I'm gonna enjoy life, see the sights, kick back n' relax and "take more time to write"... I apparently stepped foot into the street without lookin' both ways and got myself blindsided by one of those fast-movin' ever-cursed "life" trucks.

Oh don't worry...I'm okay. Thankfully it was a pain-in-the-butt Prius type and not one of those 18-wheelin' peel-ya-off-the-pavement types. This was more of one of those unforeseen aggravation events than a life-changing God-seeking event...

...and it all started with a tiny hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant in Monte Vista, Colorado.

What was initially believed was Moo-Goo-Gai-Indigestion for my wife turned out to be a pretty severe blockage of her bile duct by some pesky little gall stones. Seven days in the hospital, one ambulance ride, two rescheduled endoscopic procedures, and one laparoscopic surgery later, she's gall bladder AND pain free. Now we just have to sit back and wait for the bills to roll in. Dam Prius.

If that wasn't enough, my back and forth daily commutes to the sick ward landed me with some type of bug that knocked me out another week after that. And did I mention a large project at the office that was elevated to "top priority" so the whole time I was visiting the hospital I was also toting the laptop so I could work?

I must have been a bear.

So it's probably good I laid off the writing. After all, who wants to hear about accident scenes involving pesky little cars. Dam Prius's!

No comments:

Post a Comment