Friday, December 9, 2016

To the Person Who...

It has been one year since the decision was made to leave Tennessee and head west to the Rockies. It was a year to remember to say the least. There have been ups and there have been downs much like a thrill-seeker's favorite roller coaster, but that is what life is meant to be...a ride, not a destination. I'll leave destinations for the after-life and hopefully I end up in the right place. Needless to say, Tennessee was an awesome "section of the roller coaster", can't wait to see what tracks lie ahead. Here was my wish for the family enjoying the section of roller coaster I was leaving behind in Tennessee. A year later I hope they are still enjoying the ride.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the person who...

...is buying the house made of brick on Winners Circle Court, there are a few things you should know before you set off on your journey.

First off, please understand that you are not just buying a "house". I assure you, your purchase will be far grander than that. You see, a house is made of bricks and mortar, wood and nails, and a plethora of appurtenances that create the tell-tale vision of a shingled structure that we call "home". 

But the one you are purchasing is made up of much more than that. 

It is made up of birthday wishes come true, nerf gun battles won (and lost), flowers oh-so-delicately planted, steaks grilled to charred perfection, bonfires that warm the soul more so than the body, neighborhood parties that are sometimes difficult to remember (in the good way), fierce but friendly corn hole tournaments, smelly yet beloved hockey equipment, children's laughter, a dog's playful licks, cherished anniversaries, and most of all LOVE.

But I must also advise you, the house made of bricks is also made up of scraped knees, failed tests, unwarranted arguments, fleeting heartbreak, barking dogs, sporting defeats, dreams postponed, feverish illnesses and most of all LOVE.

You see...it is made of LIFE more than anything else. And for this reason I have a few wishes for you...

I hope your dreams and aspirations come true more often than not.

I hope your family experiences the ever-flowing love that resides there.

I hope the children of today find as much pleasure in the playhouse as the children of yesterday.

I hope you do not occupy the residence, I hope you live there. Live like today may be your last day and tomorrow is a gift that is always awaiting.

And lastly, I hope you smile and LOVE the place as much as we did...because that's what actually keeps those raggedy old bricks in place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment