Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Turnaround

It's All in Simple Turn

There are two worlds out there, the one before you and the one at your back.

As easily as the preceding statement could turn into a pontification on your present being the product of your past, it is not. Every once in awhile I'm known to cut right to the chase.

When I say there's a world behind you I mean just that.

TURN YOUR BUTT AROUND.

Oftentimes we experience places for the first, and sadly, only time we'll ever be, especially if we are on the distant trail or taking the lonely backroad home. When I do, it always amazes me when I stop and simply turn around for the view and experience often changes completely. It's almost as if I am wearing another person's shoes or seeing the world through a stranger's eyes.

At exactly 180 degrees, instead of the western traveller you are now eastern bound.

Instead of the steep and steady ascent before you, you become witness to the valley below.

Should your head be down, your eyes behold the beauty of the heavens.

There's much to behold and half of it will always at your back.

That is of course....unless you stop and simply turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment